For the first time in a long while for a regular matchup, the OWL Week 21 will feature no hero pools, following the lead of the standard competitive ladder. That means teams will have the freedom to build whatever hero lineups they want, though we could run the option of all the teams running the exact same compositions again like the beginning of the season. With plenty of games that have some intriguing throughlines in them, let’s see what the Overwatch League 2020 Week 21 has in store.
OWL Week 21 Matches
- Chengdu Hunters vs. Guangzhou Charge
- Seoul Dynasty vs. Shanghai Dragons
- Hangzhou Spark vs. London Spitfire
- Florida Mayhem vs. Houston Outlaws
- Dallas Fuel vs. Toronto Defiant
- Vancouver Titans vs. Boston Uprising
- Washington Justice vs. Los Angeles Gladiators
- Shanghai Dragons vs. Hangzhou Spark
- Chengdu Hunters vs. Seoul Dynasty
- New York Excelsior vs. Guangzhou Charge
- Los Angeles Valiant vs. Paris Eternal
- Atlanta Reign vs. Vancouver Titans
- Philadelphia Fusion vs. San Francisco Shock
Things To Watch Out For This Weekend
NA’s Bottom Of The Table Shenanigans
Some of the more interesting matches look be near the bottom of the standings, with games between Dallas and Toronto and Vancouver and Boston. The Fuel is coming off a devastating loss to the Titans where they started new acquisition Onigod over Decay and Toronto have never lived up to their expectations of having a star-laden roster. Meanwhile, Vancouver is coming off their first win with their new roster while Boston continues to improve. We consider Boston as a safe Overwatch bet going into this game versus the Titans. Not only will these matches determine who is really the worst of the worst, but it can show what squads are actually making improvements.
Battle For NA’s Summer Showdown Top Seed
Elsewhere, San Francisco and Philadelphia have an intriguing match at the top of the North American standings. No doubt both will be fighting for the top seed of the North American bracket for the Summer Showdown.