After a week of relatively quick matches, the matchups for this weekend of the Overwatch League have the potential to end the same way. I doubt we will get anything out of leftfield as Super playing Genji, but anything is possible. Let’s see what Week 25 in the Overwatch League has in store for us.
Week 25 Matches
- Atlanta Reign vs. Boston Uprising
- Florida Mayhem vs. San Francisco Shock
- Seoul Dynasty vs. Chengdu Hunters
- Shanghai Dragons vs. London Spitfire
- New York Excelsior vs. Guangzhou Charge
- San Francisco Shock vs. Vancouver Titans
- Florida Mayhem vs. Washington Justice
- Boston Uprising vs. Dallas Fuel
- Philadelphia Fusion vs. Los Angeles Gladiators
- Chengdu Hunters vs. Hangzhou Spark
- Shanghai Dragons vs. Seoul Dynasty
- Los Angeles Gladiators vs. Paris Eternal
- Toronto Defiant vs. Philadelphia Fusion
- Washington Justice vs. Houston Outlaws
Another One Side Week Expected
After a week where most of the games were decided by a 3-0 scoreline, a lot of the matchups this week look like they will produce the same results.
One matchup that does not look like it will end up that way is the New York Excelsior vs. Guangzhou Charge. New York may have lost last week to Chengdu, but they never properly adapted to when the Hunter’s bizarre compositions became too overwhelming for them. They also decided to start Whoru over Haksal on Genji, a mistake they should not be making when against a respectable team. Guangzhou took a while to get fully rolling against London last week but looked like they could take and dish out whatever the Spitfire threw at them.
Elsewhere, Chengdu were able to take advantage of New York’s rigidity. They play Seoul and Hangzhou this weekend, two teams dealing with their own problems playing up to par right now and look like they can be taken advantage of. Betting on Chegndu can be seen as a rather safe OWL bet.